Standing Stone Tour - 25 Miles
Circular Tour through the Gwaun Valley and Cilgwyn
- Starting in Newport, there is an initial challenging climb up to Bedd Morris (4) at the summit of Mynydd Caregog.
- The route then drops down into the Gwaun valley (7), where you can stop off at the famous Dyffryn Arms.
- At 13 Km you can stop off at Cilgwyn Candles, to see the art of candle making.
- The route then follows the base of the Preseli's through Crosswell and down into Egwyswrw.
- At 28 KM is Castell Henllys Iron Age fort and also the ancient Oak woodland of Pengelli forrest.
- The route back to Newport goes close to Pentre Ifan burial chamber, and drops down into Newport from the other side of Carn Ingli, with stunning views of Traeth Mawr and the estuary.