One of Eluned's recipes from the days when we served light lunches.
- 3 oz Oats
- 3 oz Margarine
- 2 oz Plain flour
- 1 Fl oz Water
- 2 Heads of Broccoli (Finely Chopped)
- 1 White Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 1 tbl Mango Chutney
- 1 Orange (zest only)
- 3 oz Mature cheddar (Grated)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Pt Single/Whipping cream
- Melt the margarine in the water and then add the oats, flour and a little seasoning
- Press into a 11/12 inch flan dish, making sure the base is a thin a possible.
- Cook in the oven until firm and then remove.
- Saute the onion until soft, add the broccoli, orange and mango chutney and mix together, season to taste.
- Whip the eggs, add to the cream and then add the broccoli mixture.
- Pour into cooked flan base and top with the grated cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 180 degrees until firm in the middle.