A very simple but excellent recipe, the basic vanilla pod Crème Brûlée can be enhanced by adding different flavours.
- 5 oz Caster Sugar
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 1 tsp Cornflour
- 1 pt Whipping Cream
- 1 Large Vanilla Pod
- 4 tsp Vanilla extract
- Beat the egg yolks, sugar, vanilla extract and cornflour together lightly.
- Warm cream, scrape out vanilla pod and add to cream whilst heating.
- Combine cream and eggs together.
- Fill small ramekins with the mixture and then place in a baking tray.
- Add hot water to the tray so that it covers half the side of the ramekins.
- Cook in a low oven at 160 degrees, until set but not firm.
For extra flavour, try lining the ramekins with mango or apricot purée or even caramelised bananas.